Saturday, May 20, 2006

Thank You Songs

These have been my friends - true friends through thick and thin. With me in the darkest days of my life. I have lain in bed, lights switched off, eyes closed, listening to these, transported away from my worries and problems. In a world where sadness is sweet and lovely. But then when is sadness not sweet and lovely. Some songs (in Jagjit Singh's pristine voice) that have never failed to touch me. The songs I have lived.

Dhuaan uthaa thaa divaane ke jalate ghar se saarii raat
lekin vo khaamosh rahe duniyaa ke dar se saarii raat
(When I fought and lost)
Kaanton ki chubhan paayi
phoolon ka maza bhi
Dil dard ke mausam me
roya bhi hasan bhi
(Last year's romance with Kolkata, my season of pain and sweet memories)
Tere vaade par jiye hum
to ye jaan jhoot jaana
ki khushi se mar na jate
agar aitbaar hota
Ye na thi hamari kismat
ki bisaale yaar hota
(The promise of truth and purpose that is yet to be and perhaps never to be realized)
Unke dekhe se jo chehre pe aa jati hai raunak
wo samajhte hain ki beemar ka haal accha hai
Humko maaloom hai jannat ki haqueequat lekin
dil ke khush rakhne ko Ghaalib ye khayaal accha hai
(Ghalib's poetry, Jagjit's voice and my feelings better than I can put them)
Thank you songs!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Preeti said...

Indeed, sadness is sweet and lovely, only we don't want it still..

these songs are eternal and so are their writers & renderers

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.