Saturday, May 20, 2006

What have I been doing in London

In the last post I tried to list some of the things that I have learned from the internship in Citigroup. Let me list out in this post what I have been doing outside work in this period.
  • took an open bus tour of London ---> a great concept; you can hop on and off the bus and visit many places in a day; had a ball with Arjun; our first day out in London and I was smitten by the city and its heritage
  • visited National Gallery ---> one of the best art galleries in the world featuring works of all the great painters; given my lack of interest in and appreciation of the nuances of a painting as well as the Biblical associations of the painitngs which I could not relate to, this visit is just a point on the "resume"
  • Imperial War Museum ---> High point; amazing, cannot be covered in a day
  • Natural History Museum, Science Museum, Victoria and Albert Museum ---> London is a city of museums and they cannot be missed
  • London zoo ---> a disappointment, the ones back home are much better
  • Watched "The Phantom of the Opera" in Her Majesty's Theatre---> My first musical play performance and an unforgettable experience, highest point of the stay
  • Saw Trafalgar Square and Leicester Square at night ---> London at night is extremely different from the one in the day; it's lively, it's joyous, it's vibrant
  • London Eye --> Disappointing

I have bought a very nice Samsung Digimax A 7 camera and an Ipod Nano.

I have had various things and

--> the Crispy Creme Doughnuts are amazing

--> I hate the cold sandwiches

--> the wraps here are delicious; my favourites being spicy tuna, cajun chicken and paaprika chicken

--> I have had more coffee here than in my lifetime and they, unlike me, like their coffee strong and sugarless here

--> Portuguese food is spicy and delicious

--> tha Thai and Chinese food we have at home are quite different from the ones you find here

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmm very interesting :)

12:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

visit me www.sachmuch.blogspot.com

12:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have heard that italian cuisine is pretty good. try that when u get an oppurtunity.

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.